VIRTUAL JOB FAIR: This week, ABC13+ is in Sugar Land. Nick Natario is teaming up with Workforce Options for a digital job truthful Tuesday, that includes about 300 jobs within the space!
NICK NATARIO: We now have nearly 10 firms in these space that is going to be hiring. You already know, the most recent jobs report reveals that Sugar Land’s unemployment is definitely top-of-the-line right here within the Houston space. However nonetheless, it is almost double what it was this time final yr, which is why we’re right here that can assist you get a job and free profession recommendation. Sugar Land has undergone severe modifications over the previous couple many years. The identical is true with its high job markets. Not is agriculture the highest trade.
– Well being care providers after which additionally retail commerce.
NICK NATARIO: It is an space seeking to increase. Tomorrow, ABC13 is internet hosting a digital job truthful with Workforce Options on our web site and streaming app at 11:30. There are almost 300 jobs obtainable, with some paying round $70,000 a yr. A few of the industries embrace manufacturing, dental, legislation enforcement, and little one care. In case you apply tomorrow, you might get a job inside days.
– Employers need to rent instantly, and so we extremely encourage for our prospects to go browsing and go to these digital job festivals.
NICK NATARIO: In case you’re searching for work within the Sugar Land space, Workforce Options will help you both nearly or curbside service. The doorways have been closed to the general public for greater than a yr, however that modified right this moment. Maintain up. Does not imply you possibly can simply stroll proper in. To get in-person assist, now you must make an appointment, both on-line or in your cellphone first. Go forward.
– Hello. I would prefer to make an appointment.
– It’s restricted capability, simply in order that we assist maintain our prospects protected. Every workplace can have a sure variety of prospects they will have in workplace at one time.
NICK NATARIO: It comes at a wanted time. The latest state jobs report that was launched days in the past reveals in February, the unemployment charge within the Houston space rose to eight.4%, which is almost 2 factors larger than the remainder of the nation. Nonetheless, almost 7,000 jobs had been added, so there are firms hiring.
– I believe that we’re seeing issues flip round, and that is an excellent signal. Like I mentioned, jobs are being added. Employers need to rent.
NICK NATARIO: So the digital job truthful will deal with the Sugar Land space, however there are employers from all through the Houston space. In case you’re not searching for a job however simply wish to speak to somebody, possibly get some assist, we even have an ABC13 viewer hotline. Keep in mind, tomorrow at 11:30 on our web site and ABC13 streaming app. Dwell in Sugar Land, Nick Natario, ABC13 Eyewitness Information.
– The roles are there for individuals who need them. All proper.