Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., has named 5 new chairs of Judicial Convention committees and prolonged the time period of 4 present chairs by one 12 months. The appointments took impact on Oct. 1, 2021.
- Decide Amy J. St. Eve (Seventh Circuit) succeeded Decide John W. Lungstrum (Kansas) as chair of the Committee on the Funds.
- Decide Jennifer Walker Elrod (Fifth Circuit) succeeded Decide Ralph R. Erickson (Eighth Circuit) as chair of the Committee on Codes of Conduct.
- Decide Audrey G. Fleissig (Missouri-Jap) was prolonged for one 12 months as chair of the Committee on Courtroom Administration and Case Administration.
- Decide Michael Y. Scudder (Seventh Circuit) succeeded Decide Thomas M. Hardiman (Third Circuit) as chair of the Committee on Info Know-how.
- Decide Nicholas G. Garaufis (New York-Jap) was prolonged for one 12 months as chair of the Committee on Intercircuit Assignments.
- Decide Sidney H. Stein (New York-Southern) was prolonged for one 12 months as chair of the Committee on Worldwide Judicial Relations.
- Decide Richard J. Sullivan (Second Circuit) succeeded Decide David W. McKeague (Sixth Circuit) as chair of the Committee on Judicial Safety.
- Decide Marcia Howard (Florida-Center) succeeded Decide Nancy Freudenthal (Wyoming) as chair of the Committee on the Administration of the Justice of the Peace Judges System.
- Chapter Decide Dennis Dow (Missouri-Western) was prolonged for one 12 months as chair of the Advisory Committee on Chapter Guidelines.
The 26-member Judicial Conference is the policy-making physique for the federal court docket system. By statute, the Chief Justice of the USA serves as its presiding officer and its members are the chief judges of the 13 courts of appeals, a district choose from every of the 12 geographic circuits, and the chief choose of the Courtroom of Worldwide Commerce. The Convention meets twice a 12 months to contemplate administrative and coverage points affecting the court docket system, and to make suggestions to Congress regarding laws involving the Judicial Department.
Associated Subjects: Judicial Conference of the United States